When your time of need comes and the next of kin or the family decides to request a funeral that involves embalming and a regular burial (whether it is a traditional funeral or a direct burial), you have multiple choices regarding funeral services. The dedicated professionals at the Calvin Funeral Home are here to help families when they need to make the tough decisions regarding these procedures. We understand the decision-making progress is tough, but part of our job is to be there and assist our families in any way we possibly can.
When a family has discussed, and decided on the option of a burial service, the Calvin Funeral Home is here to assist with the following decisions. The list shown below is just a small example of what we can help with when the time of need comes. Our licensed professionals and staff are here to assist with:
- Assisting in planning the proper funeral or burial service to honor your loved one.
- Assisting in the selection of the casket and vault required for burial services.
- Assisting in the selection of a cemetery, cemetery lot and cemetery opening and closing fees.
- Assisting in the selection of service folders, register book, music or tribute videos unique to you.
- Assisting in the writing of the death notice and obituary to be posted online and in local newspapers.
- Assisting in getting legal documentation, such as death certificates and permits for burial to occur.
There are also many other choices when it comes to a regular burial and funeral service, including the selection of clothing, flowers, the visitation and funeral location and other aspects specific to your services. This makes it unique to the family, and specifically honors the loved one that has been lost. Because every funeral is not the same, we encourage you to come up with a list of questions that may be of importance to your family to ensure the proper dignity and respect is given.
When faced with the difficult decisions that lie ahead, our staff is always available and ready to help you with any questions you may have regarding the funeral process. Please feel free to contact us at (269) 621-4101 when the situation arises, and we would be happy to help guide you.